Choose Valley Baptist
Valley Baptist Medical Center (VBMC) School of Vocational Nursing offers a broad, hands-on education. We are adjacent to the award-winning and nationally recognized Valley Baptist Medical Center-Harlingen. Our students receive valuable direct patient care experience in clinical settings.
- A 12-month program approved by the Texas Board of Nursing and Texas Workforce Commission
- Classroom-based settings and clinical training that include face-to-face instruction, student-centered and computer-based learning activities and low-fidelity simulation
- Full-time registered nurse on staff
- Engaged, board-qualified faculty with experience in ER, ICU, orthopedics, diabetic education, corrections, home health, pediatrics, surgical, administration and more
- Fields of study include anatomy and physiology, obstetrics, pediatrics, orthopedics and pharmacology
- Rich in history and tradition with a more than 65-year history of training
Through our program, we prepare our graduates to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN) and assume the roles and responsibilities of a licensed vocational nurse (LVN) in various hospital and community-based settings. Our current passing rate is 95%.
Our nursing program fulfills a continued need for nurses in our local community. While other LVN schools are pushing for online LVN programs, we work very closely with our hospital and medical educators to provide our students with hands-on and face-to-face learning methods. Although a large portion of nursing and medicine topics can be learned online or from books, a student attending our program gains a unique learning experience because they are taught by faculty staff from various medical backgrounds.