Valley Baptist Medical Center Student Orientation
Each student and clinical instructor are required to complete the on-line VBMC Hospital Orientation along with the following requirements to be completed prior to being eligible to attend Clinical for their selected healthcare program at VBMC.
The purpose of the hospital orientation is to provide general hospital knowledge for students and clinical instructors who will be rotating through VBMC clinical sites. The on-line orientation will educate students and instructors on VBMC’s mission, vision, and values, patient confidentiality and safety which will prepare the student to participate in clinical experiences at VBMC.
The following attachments are required submissions as part of the VBMC Hospital Orientation process:
- Acknowledgment verifying viewing on-line orientation manual and taking the test with passing score of 100%
- Confidentiality and Security Access Agreement
- Attestation form:
- Urine drug screen
- Criminal background check
- Current BLS from American Heart Association (only for Nursing, EMT, CNA and Med Tech students)
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Rubella and Rubeola immunity or MMR vaccine
- Varicella immunity or vaccine
- Influenza vaccine
Steps & Procedure
- Download and read the on-line Final Student Orientation Manual.
- Print the post-test found at end of manual and complete. Turn in post-test to your clinical instructor for grading. If you do not pass the post-test, you will be remediated and re-tested by your clinical instructor
The Clinical instructor for each clinical group will be required to return these documents to the Education department 2 weeks prior to the start of clinical.