Expert Orthopedic Hip Care, Conveniently Located Near You
Are you currently suffering from hip pain? Whether it’s due to an injury such as a strain, dislocation or fracture, or a disease like osteoarthritis or osteoporosis, the Valley Baptist team is here to help. We offer treatments including rehabilitation, physical therapy and medication. When nonsurgical treatments don’t offer relief, your doctor may recommend a hip replacement.
Advanced Hip Care Services
Valley Baptist Medical Center leads the way in hip replacement surgery for Rio Grande Valley.
- We offer minimally invasive hip replacement surgery
- Our Valley Baptist Medical Center-Harlingen program has been awarded the “gold seal of approval” by The Joint Commission, meaning we use best practice processes aligned with scientifically proven guidelines
- We have a team of doctors and nurses who specialize in orthopedic care
Experienced Hip Surgery
We’re also one of the most experienced hospitals in Texas in performing joint replacement surgeries. While performing this type of surgery is an everyday occurrence for us, at Valley Baptist we remember that it’s your first experience with having a joint removed and replaced. It’s a big step, and we know you have concerns and questions. We want to sit down and talk through everything with you, and make sure you know what’s going on every step of the way.
Are You a Candidate for Hip Replacement Surgery?
To determine whether hip replacement surgery is right for you, you have access to a team of orthopedic surgeons, therapists and pain specialists as well as advanced imaging centers to determine your diagnosis and the optimal course of treatment. More conservative treatments, such as medication, physical therapy and cortisone injections, are often prescribed before deciding surgery is necessary.
The most common reasons for hip replacement surgery are:
- Osteoarthritis, a loss of joint cartilage that limits movement, causes pain and inhibits daily activity
- Other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis and arthritis that results from a hip injury
- Damage to the hip, such as a hip fracture
After surgery, you have convenient, local access to our rehabilitation centers to get you back to an active life.