Moving Health Forward in the Rio Grande Valley
Since the early 1920s, Valley Baptist Medical Center hospitals have been involved in the community, caring for the health and spiritual needs of people in the Rio Grande Valley. We help people achieve health for life through compassionate service inspired by faith, and are dedicated to continuing our strong tradition of providing quality, compassionate health care that puts people first.
Comprehensive Services for Your Family
We’re continually looking for new ways to expand and improve our services in order to provide you with the best care possible.
Our services include:
- Behavioral health care, featuring an inpatient facility in Brownsville
- Brain and neurological care, with 24/7 endovascular coverage because every second counts in the event of a stroke
- Comprehensive cancer care, including chemotherapeutic treatment and symptom management
- Children’s care featuring the Gorges Children’s Center in Harlingen and a 5-star children’s care unit in Brownsville
- Award-winning emergency room care
- Cardiac monitored inpatient and outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program
- Palliative and hospice care to improve patient and family quality of life
- Experienced imaging solutions, with more than 210,000 examinations a year
- Laboratory analyses performed 24 hours a day
- Maternity care, with level II neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), giving your baby access to a wider range of pediatric specialists if needed
- Orthopedic care, Joint Commission recognized Joint Replacement Center with state-of-the-art facilities
- Two Diabetes Education Centers, in service since 1980 and 1996
Award-Winning Care and Advanced Technology
At Valley Baptist, we offer straight-from-the-heart caring. Our caregivers pay close attention to your needs during your visit, and advanced technology adds to your comfort level.
- We are the only hospitals in Cameron County to offer robotic-assisted surgery.
- These less invasive procedures offer the potential for a faster recovery, shorter hospital stay and less pain.
Learn more about what makes Valley Baptist Medical Center unique by exploring our website, or by calling our 24-hour phone line: (956) 389-1100 for VBMC—Harlingen or (956) 698-5400 for VBMC—Brownsville.
Read our patient guides: