Helping Our Neighbors
We may treat illnesses and ailments, but that’s not all we do. Valley Baptist Health System also provides support for our surrounding community with free and low-cost services. It’s about promoting health, fitness and wellness for everyone.
Valley Baptist holds many screenings throughout the year at a number of locations and events. These include free and low-cost screenings for stroke, cholesterol, diabetes, triglycerides, blood pressure, body mass index and more.
To schedule an appointment for a mobile health clinic, or for a complete schedule of dates and locations, please call toll-free (888) 902-5433. You may also see our list of upcoming screenings by clicking on the location below.
Valley Baptist Medical Center Brownsville
Valley Baptist Medical Center Harlingen
Valley Baptist Medical Center firmly believes in the support of our community and the many nonprofit organizations that provide many valuable and much needed services.
Organizations we’ve supported include:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Boys & Girls Club of Brownsville & Harlingen
- Catholic Diocese of Brownsville
- Food Bank of the Rio Grande Valley
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District
- Brownsville Independent School District
- Infant and Family Nutrition Agency
- United Way
- City of Brownsville “Biggest Loser” Wellness Program
- “Down by the Border”
- Chambers of Commerce