Valley Baptist Medical Center – Brownsville
7 a.m.–8 p.m. Front doors secured at 8 p.m.
- In-Patient Units: We recommend no more than three visitors per patient at a time, including the patient's support person. The support person is welcome 24/7.
- Emergency department patients may have one support person.
- Visitors/support persons may be asked to step out during procedures.
- Any adult or child with a cold, fever or infectious disease is encouraged not to visit.
- For their well-being, children under 12 are not allowed to visit unless they are visiting a sibling, parent or grandparent. A responsible adult must accompany children and may not be left unattended.
- Respect all patients' need for privacy.
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Follow isolation precautions.
Valley Baptist Medical Center – Harlingen
9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Non-COVID Patient Visitation Policies:
- In-Patient Units: Up to two visitors at a time for non-Covid patients during visitation hours.
- Non-Covid patients are permitted one designated visitor who may stay overnight with the patient as needed.
- All visitors must be 16 years or older.
- All visitors will be screened before entry.
- All visitors must bring a face mask to wear at all times (surgical face masks are available)
- When visitors are present, visitors and patients must wear masks and keep them on for the duration of the visit.
COVID Patient Visitation Policies:
- Patients in isolation for confirmed or potential COVID-19 are permitted one designated visitor.
- COVID patient visitors must wear an N95 mask and face shield.
- No overnight stays are allowed unless there are special circumstances.
Valley Baptist Micro Hospital – Weslaco
Valley Baptist Micro Hospital - Weslaco recognizes the important role that loved ones play in a patient’s healthcare journey and we appreciate how patient our communities have been with our “No Visitation Policy” during the last month. After careful consideration and in efforts to help ease our patient/family experience during this time, Valley Baptist Micro Hospital –Weslaco has loosened its visitation policy for now.
Effective March 5, 2021, hospital visitation is expanded to one (1) designated visitor for patients* during the hours of 9:00AM to 7:00PM daily.
*This excludes patients in isolation for confirmed or potential COVID-19.
Additionally, the following patients are permitted one designated visitor at all times and the designated visitor may stay overnight with the patient as needed:
- Patients with disabilities who require a medical support person at all times
- Emergency Department Patients who are critically ill or unable to make decisions for themselves
- Laboring Mothers
- Pediatric Patients
- Patients in a critical state at end of life
- Patients undergoing a procedure
All approved visitors:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Will be screened for temperature, COVID-19 symptoms, possible exposure and recent travel history
- Must bring a facemask to wear at all times while in the hospital and
- Observe all hospital protocol and appropriate social distancing.
We appreciate your understanding.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.