Help for People with Diabetes
If you’re living with diabetes, you need to be extra cautious when it comes to wound care.
At Valley Baptist, we understand how important diabetes education and treatment both are to your health and well-being. That’s why we created The Diabetes Education Center and Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine Clinic just for your unique needs. Because we know that even smallest scrape can turn into a devastating wound for someone with diabetes, and can even result in amputation.
Effective diabetes education can reduce long-term complications from this disease.
The Diabetes Education Program at Valley Baptist Medical Center—Harlingen, located in the Medical Arts Pavilion, is certified by the American Diabetes Association and has been in service to the Rio Grande Valley community since 1980.
The Diabetes Education Center at Valley Baptist Medical Center—Brownsville has been serving the community since 1996.
We offer an outpatient diabetes education series for patients newly diagnosed with diabetes, as well as for those who’ve had diabetes for some time.
Our bilingual staff offers one-to-one initial assessments and diabetes self-management classes, along with follow-up appointments and support groups. To make an appointment, call (956) 389-1119 (Harlingen) or (956) 698-5602 (Brownsville).
Wound Care Services
Our comprehensive services ensure the effective treatment of wounds, and include the following:
- Wound assessment
- Treatment plans
- Trained doctors and staff
- Discharge planning
- Support services
- Complete assessment of physical status, nutritional status, educational needs and sensory loss
- Lab testing, including wound cultures
- Transcutaneous oxygen measurements
Why Choose Valley Baptist Wound Care Clinic?
The Wound Care Clinic has at its disposal a wide range of therapies, services and programs designed to promote healing, including:
- Debridement and bioengineered tissue grafting
- Comprehensive and effective infection management
- Compression therapy
- Foot Care Institute: Proper foot care is a core component of diabetes wellness. Let our professional staff make sure you’re doing everything you can to keep your feet healthy.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy: More oxygen means more healing, and our hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment helps speed relief to wounds and get you better faster.
- Diabetes Education Center: Effective diabetes education can reduce long-term complications from this disease.
If you have a wound that hasn't improved in a month or healed completely in two months, consider seeking help at our Wound Care Clinic.
For more information, please call:
Wound Care Clinic (Harlingen)
Wound Care Clinic (Brownsville)