Labor and Delivery
Committed to Excellence in Maternity Services
We want your birth experience to be as comfortable and easy as possible. That’s why Valley Baptist’s labor and delivery unit provides private, renovated spaces to give you the comfort of home with the resources of a modern hospital.
We provide for all the needs a mother and her newborn might have at both of our locations.
Valley Baptist—Brownsville by the Numbers
- 36-bed postpartum unit (28 private and 4 semi-private rooms)
- 32-bed normal newborn nursery
- 32-bed Level III NICU
- 10-bed labor, delivery and recovery unit
- 3 triage beds and 2 private observation rooms
- 3 dedicated operating room suites
Valley Baptist—Harlingen by the Numbers
- 32 renovated postpartum rooms
- 30-bed normal newborn nursery
- 40-bed newborn intensive care unit
- 10 renovated labor and delivery rooms
Maternity Classes and Baby App
A variety of programs are available to help prepare you for birth. Prenatal classes are offered on one Saturday each month, and at our Brownsville Paredes Line and Harlingen Healthy Women’s Centers.
We also offer the RGV Baby App, tailored just for RGV moms-to-be! You can receive weekly notifications on how your baby is developing; keep track of doctor’s appointments; log your daily symptoms, weight and waist measurements to discuss with your doctor during your follow-up visits and more! You can even track your baby’s kicks and time your contractions when the time comes.