High Risk Pregnancy
Helping Lower the Risk of High-Risk Pregnancies
Various factors can increase your risk of complications before, during and after pregnancy:
- Underlying conditions, such as diabetes, epilepsy, a heart condition, high blood pressure or others
- Having a prior C-section, low-birth-weight or preterm baby
- Carrying two or more children at once
- Becoming pregnant at age 35 and older
- Lifestyle choices, such as drug consumption (including cigarettes and alcohol)
Neonatal Intensive Care (NICU)
Additionally, should your baby need extra care after birth, we’re proud to offer Level II Neonatal ICU care at both Brownsville and Harlingen, giving your baby access to around the clock care by trained neonatal specialists. Learn about our NICU.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call Valley Baptist Medical Center—Harlingen, (956) 389-5254 or the Women’s Center at Valley Baptist Medical Center—Brownsville, (956) 698-5549.