Caring for Women of All Ages
When we say Valley Baptist is the Rio Grande Valley’s choice for women’s health, we’re not just talking about one or two services.
For more than 90 years, obstetricians and gynecologists practicing at Valley Baptist have offered a continuum of care that takes you from young adulthood through childbearing years and menopause and beyond. With everything from digital mammography to an experienced staff of doctors and nurses, we want to be your first choice in women’s health care.
We offer you:
- Comprehensive gynecologic care for women at the different stages of life, including general women’s medical care, disorders of the female reproductive system and bone health services
- Network of hospitals offers the technology to treat a wide range of gynecologic problems
- Advanced, minimally invasive surgery options for a range of procedures, including hysterectomy, uterine fibroid removal and more
- Education and wellness programs on the importance of maintaining bone health, an important women’s health issue as you age
While our initial focus is always on preventive care to keep you well and treating you using the least invasive nonsurgical options, there may be times when you require surgery. In those cases, we offer minimally invasive surgical procedures that can help reduce scarring, improve healing and get you on the road to recovery faster.
Our Team of Specialists
Our team consists of:
- Certified nurse-midwives (Valley Baptist Medical Center—Harlingen)
- Experienced nurses
- Support staff
- Lactation consultants
Our services include:
- Birthing Center
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
- Robotic, laser and laparoscopic surgery
- Prenatal education
- Lactation consultation
Don’t wait another day to take care of your health! To find a women’s specialist who’s right for you, use our online doctor search tool.
For more information, please call Valley Baptist Medical Center—Harlingen, (956) 389-5254, or the Women’s Center at Valley Baptist Medical Center—Brownsville, (956) 698- 5549.