Knee Care and Surgery
Advanced knee care from experts
Knee pain becomes common with strain and age. But you don’t have to live with constant aching knees. At Valley Baptist, our team of doctors, nurses and orthopedic specialists is ready to help evaluate the source of your knee pain and recommend treatment options.
What We Offer
We offer the region’s leading tools and specialists for knee care:
- Robotic and minimally invasive procedures, including Navio partial knee replacement surgery at our Brownsville location
- Doctors and nurses specialized in orthopedics
- The knee and hip replacement program at Valley Baptist in Harlingen specializes in total knee and hip replacement
- An anterior hip replacement option is available at Valley Baptist Medical Center in Brownsville
- Diagnostic imaging and rehabilitation centers with comprehensive care tailored to you
- Our VBMC-Harlingen knee replacement and hip surgery program has been awarded the “gold seal of approval” from The Joint Commission, meaning we’re recognized for aligning our care with best practices and scientifically proven guidelines
- The Joint Camp, a unique Valley Baptist support system for those undergoing joint replacement surgery
Our specialists may recommend surgery if you are suffering from:
- Other forms of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis
- Injuries such as fractures, torn cartilage and/or ligaments
- Degenerative joint disease
The Navio Robotic-Assisted Orthopedic System
The Navio Surgical System is an advanced robotic-assisted orthopedic system offered at Valley Baptist Medical Center—Brownsville. The Navio Surgical System is indicated for partial knee replacement procedures.
- No computed tomography (CT) scan needed prior to the procedure
- Tailored anatomy and ligament balance
- Consistent results
- Accurately placed implants
- Less pain
- Quicker rehabilitation
- Reduction of complications
- Smaller incisions
While we may be home to over 10,000 knee replacement surgeries, we also offer expertise in nonsurgical options for your knee pain.
Common nonsurgical therapies include:
- Physical therapy
- Cortisone injections
Assess Your Knee Pain
Quantify how joint pain is affecting your life by taking our online risk assessment. Then find an orthopedic specialist by using our online doctor search or calling our 24-hour referral line at (888) 902-5433.