Joint Care and Surgeries
Maximize Your Quality of Life
Persistent joint pain can make the simplest of activities difficult to impossible. Don’t be held back by pain in your knee, hip, shoulder, or other joints — the doctors at Valley Baptist Medical Center can help. Our orthopedic specialists can help to diagnose and treat your condition through physical therapy, medication and surgery, when needed.
If surgery is needed, then you’ve come to the right place. People from all over the Rio Grande Valley — and beyond — come to Valley Baptist for joint replacement surgery.
- Advanced joint replacement techniques, including anterior total hip arthroplasty replacement that is less invasive, helping to reduce complications and provide a quicker recovery
- Our Brownsville location was the first hospital in Cameron county to offer Navio partial knee replacement
- Three laminar airflow rooms and a special air-scrubbing system that greatly reduces your risk of infection
- Our knee and hip replacement surgeries at Valley Baptist in Harlingen have been awarded the “gold seal of approval” from The Joint Commission, meaning we use best practice processed aligned with scientifically proven guidelines
- A specially equipped orthopedics floor in Harlingen with 39 large, private rooms staffed by nurses
- Overhead trapezes and bars to help you get in and out of bed
- Comprehensive rehabilitation programs
- “Joint Camp” classes to educate you prior to surgery and prepare you for your hospital stay
The Joint Club is a unique Valley Baptist support system for patients who are undergoing joint replacement surgery. We believe that going through the process with others helps patients recover faster and easier.
- Learn about recovery
- View videos (English and Spanish available) to help guide them through the process of joint replacement, from preparing for the surgery, through recovery and rehabilitation
- Participate in rehab together with our team of physical therapists
Valley Baptist has produced a booklet and DVD that explain what to do before your surgery, and what to expect afterwards. They cover:
- Pre-surgery preparations
- After-surgery care
- Special dietary needs
- Preventive measures to avoid injuries
- Exercises you can do during rehabilitation
We will give you the book or the DVD (or both) at Joint Camp. At the same time, you’ll begin to review your plan of care while in the hospital and once you’ve returned home. At Valley Baptist, we’re dedicated to making your joint replacement surgery as easy as possible.
For more information, call Valley Baptist (855) 720-7448.